Watch an online roundtable discussion titled ‘From PDP Bill, 2019 to Data Protection Bill, 2021 and Beyond’ organised by Vidhi on January 19th, 2022.
The Joint Parliamentary Committee on the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 has tabled its report before the Parliament during the recently concluded Winter Session of 2021. In its report, the Committee makes extensive recommendations on various provisions of the PDP Bill, 2019. The Centre for Applied Law and Technology Research (ALTR) at Vidhi has published a comprehensive referencer that engages with each recommendation of the report individually with a view to assess the merit of these recommendations.
This roundtable delved deeper into some of the key recommendations that have emerged, and discussed the shape which a revised data protection bill will be likely to take in the coming months.
- Matthias Goetz, Partner at Nikol & Goetz
- Rahul Matthan, Partner, Trilegal
- Malavika Raghavan, Doctoral Researcher at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Supratim Chakraborty, Partner, Khaitan & Co.
- Prof. Subhashis Banerjee, Professor at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Vyom Upadhyay, Head, Data Science and Analytics, ICICI Bank
- Vrinda Bhandhari, Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Trishee Goyal, Project Fellow, Centre for Applied Law and Technology Research (ALTR), Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
The discussion was moderated by Dr. Arghya Sengupta, Founder and Research Director, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy.