As the second wave of COVID-19 burgeons with a furious pace, vaccines become even more important. The site of vaccination becomes a site of resistance, quite literally.
In Episode 5 of the podcast ‘Healthy Dose’, Vidhi’s Shreya Shrivastava speaks to Dr. Aqsa Shaikh, Associate Professor, Jamia Hamdard, regarding the logistics of vaccine delivery and the day to day functioning of a COVID-19 vaccination centre.
How are vaccines transported and cold-chains maintained? How do vaccination centres respond to adverse events? How can vaccination centres be more inclusive? Join us as we find answers to these questions.
- How Vaccines are Transported & What Happens at a Vaccination Site: Here’s All You Need to Know (News18.com)
- 29,000 cold chain points, 41,000 deep freezers: How India is prepping for Covid-19 vaccination (LiveMint.com)
- COVID vaccine does not harm fertility in women: Doctors (The New Indian Express)
- Operational Guidelines: Strengthening Immunisation Systems to reach every child (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India)
- Covid-19 Vaccine Operational Guidelines (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India)
- Covid-19 Vaccine FAQs (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India)
Concept and Script: Yogini Oke and Shreya Shrivastava;
Editing: Akshat Agarwal;
Research: Rajashri Seal;
Production: Nithin Shamsudhin;
Design: Akhil Tom Prakash