Sometimes, hope can be found in the unlikeliest of times. The discovery of vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic is an example. In the episode ‘Vehicle of Hope’ of the podcast ‘Healthy Dose’, we explore how economic and scientific innovations, specifically vaccines, can be seeds of a healthier future.
Dr Arindam Nandi, Senior Fellow at The Centre for Disease Dynamics and Economic Policy gets into a free-rolling conversation with Vidhi’s Yogini Oke on vaccine financing, how COVID-19 is affecting early-childhood vaccination and how financing innovations from today can help the world combat alzheimers. Through this episode, we explore the potential of vaccines beyond their disease-prevention benefits.
This episode was recorded on February 17, 2021.
- ‘India announces Rs 900 crore for COVID-19 vaccine research’, Anwesha Madhukalya, (Business Today)
- Understanding GAVI’s Funding Mechanism: https://www.gavi.org/investing-gavi/funding
- Understanding GAVI’s COVAX Facility and the COVAX AMC: https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/covax-explained
- ‘Federal spending on COVID-19 vaccine candidates tops $9 billion, spread among 7 companies’, Karen Weintraub and Elizabeth Weise (USA Today)
- ‘Pfizer and BioNTech announce an agreement with U.S. government for up to 600 million doses of MRNA-based vaccine candidate against SARS-COV-2’ (Business Wire)
- Understanding the UIP Framework in India: ‘Universal Immunisation Programme’
- ‘Partnership Launched to Alzheimer’s Worldwide’, World Economic Forum
- Routine vaccinations in India disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Ramya Dwivedi
- ‘COVID-19’s Impact on Measles Vaccination Coverage’, Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Concept and Script: Yogini Oke and Shreya Shrivastava
Editing: Akshat Agarwal
Research: Rajashri Seal
Production: Nithin Shamsudhin
Design: Akhil Tom Prakash