Research Fellow (Fintech)
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Research Fellow for its Fintech team based out of its New Delhi office
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (Vidhi) is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Vidhi is looking for a Research Fellow for its Fintech team to work out of its New Delhi office. The Fintech team works on emerging areas of law and policy at the intersection of finance, technology and inclusion. The team undertakes independent research work and also provides drafting and research assistance to government stakeholders on critical areas of reform in the fintech space.
Vidhi’s fintech work can be accessed from here.
The Research Fellow will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Undertake high quality legal research, including research for inter-disciplinary projects.
• Prepare quality reports, research notes, presentations and such other material necessary for dissemination of Vidhi’s work.
• Coordinate and participate in meetings with concerned policy and industry stakeholders, for discussing and presenting Vidhi’s research work.
• Organise and attend consultations with key stakeholders for informing and disseminating Vidhi’s research.
• Ideate and execute new projects including communication outputs.
• Undergraduate degree in law;
• At least 1-2 years of demonstrable work experience in the domain of law and technology, financial regulation or fintech
(A postgraduate degree will be counted as one year of work-experience);
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Prior work experience or publication in the area of fintech
• Prior experience in empirical research
Location and Salary
• This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi.
• The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a period of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance and availability of funds.
• Remuneration will be competitive, in line with experience and existing structure at Vidhi.
Method of application
• Interested candidates should apply through our website and must submit following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2. An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words with an in-depth analysis on any recent legal issue (preferably pertaining to financial services; or financial technology; or law and technology) that demonstrates the applicant’s legal analysis and writing skills;
3. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words;
4. Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
• The deadline to submit applications is 24.10.2021
• Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Research Fellow, Fintech’ addressed to email@example.com.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded