Report Launch and Roundtable Discussion | Putting the Public Back in Public Libraries: Restructuring the Governance of Public Libraries in Maharashtra
Join Vidhi for the launch of the report ‘Putting the Public Back in Public Libraries: Restructuring the Governance of Public Libraries in Maharashtra‘ followed by a roundtable discussion on 2nd March 2022 at 5pm.
The report looks at the Maharashtra Public Libraries Act, 1967 (MPLA) and analyses certain legislative changes that can work towards improving the governance of public libraries in the state. Additionally, the report also covers issues related to funding, library employees, facilities for persons with disabilities and the important role libraries play as community spaces.
- Dr. R S Balekar, Working Vice President of the State Library Association and Retired Assistant Director of Libraries
- Professor Vijay Raghavan, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Purnima Rao, Free Libraries Network
- Shashikant Kakad, District Library Officer, Mumbai
- Dilip Bhikule, Librarian, Siddharth Wachanalaya and Granthalaya, Pune
The discussion will be moderated by Pratik Dixit, Research Fellow, Vidhi Maharashtra.
The discussion will be held in Hindi & Marathi.
The event will also be broadcasted live on Vidhi’s Facebook page.