The tenth edition of the Vidhi Book Adda series featured a discussion on ‘Recalibrate: Changing Paradigms’ by N.K Singh with select insights from P.K. Mishra.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
The world today is in constant flux. However, rarely has the pace of change been so multidimensional; faster than our ability to adjust. Geopolitics is changing; the land wars in Europe are evolving; technology is offering newer possibilities every day; climate change is making long-term survival look difficult; and the biology of the pandemic continues to surprise us. None of this may be new, but their constellation is perhaps unique.
While there may be new aspects, different combinations and evolving dynamics, we have the collective experience of centuries to delineate a path forward.
Recalibrate: Changing Paradigms, by N.K. Singh with select insights by P.K. Mishra, attempts to look back in order to look forward—not because the past allows for a linear extension or extrapolation into the future, but because it offers building blocks with which we can be pragmatically creative in navigating the twenty-first century and beyond.
A CONVERSATION BETWEEN:
- MR. N.K SINGH, Author of ‘Recalibrate: Changing Paradigms’ published by Rupa Publications, Former Chairman Fifteenth Finance Commission of India, Former Member of Parliament,
- DR. INDU BHUSHAN, Former CEO, Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana,
- DR. AJAY BHUSHAN PANDEY, Chairperson, National Financial Reporting Authority,
- JUSTICE B.N. SRIKRISHNA, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India,
- DR. PRACHI MISHRA, Chief, Systemic Issues Division, International Monetary Fund in conversation with,
- DR. ARGHYA SENGUPTA, Founder and Research Director, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy.
The Book Adda was held on October 20th, 2022 at the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy Premises.