Research Intern (Hindi)
Nyaaya invites applications for the post of Research Intern for their Hindi content.
Nyaaya is an open access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, reliable and accessible legal information in multiple formats, helping solve day-to-day legal problems so that citizens are aware of their rights and feel empowered to seek justice.
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Research Intern for its Content team to work remotely. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
Your primary task will be to assist the team in research projects to ensure fast-paced content development while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the final content. You will be:
- Translating legal content from English to Hindi.
- Editing translated Hindi content for grammar and accuracy.
- Assisting in Nyaaya’s Hindi content creation and dissemination across various platforms, including the Nyaaya website and social media channels.
- Assisting in audio and video content creation in Hindi with actionable content.
- Undertaking extensive research including a comprehensive literature review, and case law research on decisions of the Supreme Court of India and of Indian High Courts, Subordinate Courts, and Tribunals.
- Assisting in backend WordPress content management work with the support of the technical team.
- The candidate should be in the penultimate or final year of college.
- Fluency (particularly, in writing) in Hindi and English is mandatory for this role.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and manage end-to-end execution.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Previous experience in Hindi research and content writing is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- Working with grassroots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights.
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and the people interacting with it.
Location and Remuneration
- This is a remote position based out of Delhi.
- The intern will be paid Rs. 5000 per month.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- 1 original writing sample in Hindi of not more than 1000 words;
- A cover letter on why you want to work with Nyaaya and your thoughts on the work.
The deadline to submit the application is October 16, 2022.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Research Intern Hindi_Name (Date)’, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.