Vidhi invites applications for the post of Senior Resident Fellow/ Research Fellow for the Financial Regulation and Corporate Law team.
About the Financial Regulation and Corporate Law team
The Financial Regulation and Corporate Law team at Vidhi drafts laws and prepares research papers for the Government in several areas of financial regulation and corporate law. We have advised the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Corporate Affairs on crucial law reform projects in the recent past (including the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, recent amendments to the Companies Act and the proposed law for Resolution of financial firms). We believe that by providing independent expertise in early stages of law-making and regulation formulation, and in proposing reforms to existing laws, we could have a significant impact in the development of such laws. Currently there is very little dialogue between policy-makers, lawyers, economists and other academics, needed to provide a solid foundation for this exercise. By providing such a forum for dialogue, Vidhi hopes to plug this significant lacuna and thereby provide a crucial value addition to law and policy-making in this space.
The Senior Resident Fellow/ Research Fellow will work as an integral part of Vidhi and will be required to undertake research and drafting for preparation of reports and lead discussions with the stakeholders. She/he will also be responsible for identification of potential projects and work towards securing projects for the organisation, undertake business development in this area, network with key stakeholders and assume responsibility for the content of the reports. She/he will report directly to the head of the financial regulation and corporate law team at Vidhi.
- A bachelor’s degree in law (preference will be given to candidates who have an additional degree in a relevant field with academic publications to their credit);
- For Senior Resident Fellows: Graduated in the year 2011 or earlier;
- For Research Fellows: Graduated between 2015 and 2011;
- Demonstrable interest in the field of corporate law and / or financial regulation.
Full time position for a minimum duration of one year, subject to the terms of the contract.
A competitive remuneration package corresponding to experience and qualifications shall be offered.
Interested candidates should send only electronic copies of the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Senior Resident Fellowship - Financial Regulation and Corporate Law” or "Application for Research Fellowship - Financial Regulation and Corporate Law”, as the case may be.
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words);
- Names and contact details of two referees who may be contacted for references;
- Any published or unpublished writing sample in the area of corporate law or financial regulation.
Last date for submission: February 13, 2017
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to shreya.prakash @vidhilegalpolicy.in. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.