Vidhi invites applications for the post of Research Fellow for its Judicial Reform initiative.
About the Judicial Reform initiative
The Judicial Reform Initiative focuses on institutional, legislative, regulatory and policy reform needed to reinforce the Indian legal and judicial system. While the initiative undertakes both collaborative and independent research projects, it follows up the proposed reformatory actions, by liaising with the requisite governmental entities, and engaging in direct discussions to determine way-forward strategies to make reforms logistically plausible and implementable. The chief output is in the form of research reports.
The Research Fellows will work as an integral part of Vidhi and will be required to undertake research, analysis and legislative drafting for projects undertaken by the Judicial Reform initiative. She/ he will report directly to the head of the judicial reform team.
- A bachelor’s degree in law (preference will be given to candidates who have an additional degree in a relevant field with academic publications to their credit);
- Graduated between 2013 and 2016;
- Demonstrable interest in the field of judicial reform (interest and experience in the field of arbitration would be an asset).
Full time position for a minimum duration of one year, subject to the terms of the contract.
A competitive remuneration package corresponding to experience and qualifications shall be offered.
Interested candidates should send only electronic copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Research Fellowship – Judicial Reform”.
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words);
- Names and contact details of two referees who may be contacted for references;
- Any published or unpublished writing sample on any legal subject.
Last date for submission: February 13, 2017.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.