ABOUT VIDHI AID INITIATIVE:
The Vidhi Aid Initiative is a team at the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy that works on health, environment and education. It publishes research reports, engages with government and civil society, and also undertakes strategic public interest litigation.
In April, 2017, Vidhi Aid published a report, ‘Cleaning Delhi’s Air: Implementation Action Plan’. This report identifies solutions to five, key sources of pollution in Delhi and sets out the legislative and executive routes to their implementation--this includes identifying which laws need amendment, where new orders need to be notified, which authorities are responsible for the implementation of which measure, and in some instances, the kind of financial resources required. The report uses the IIT-Kanpur Comprehensive Study on Air Pollution and Greenhouse Gases in Delhi as its basis. The primary objective of the report is to provide clear action points for the implementation of solutions that have already been proposed by a range of expert bodies and civil society organisations.
In November, 2017, the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change constituted a seven-member committee to propose and monitor solutions to Delhi’s air pollution problem and appointed a representative of the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy to the committee.
Vidhi is looking to hire a Research Fellow to strengthen its contribution to the committee and to ensure that its recommendations to the committee are backed by thorough research, based on engagement with experts and civil society.
The Fellow will conduct research on issues raised at committee meetings and will also identify new issues for the committee to consider. The Fellow will also propose solutions to the problem of air pollution that may be placed before the committee.
- We are looking for someone with;
- A post-graduate degree in environmental or health sciences or public policy;
- 5 years experience in the areas of environmental or public policy, preferably with a focus on pollution and air pollution in particular;
- Strong research and writing skills, including the ability to conduct field visits and interviews;
- Familiarity with data analysis;
- The ability to take initiative.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT:
- This is a full-time, Delhi-based position, although there is some flexibility regarding time commitments. We are able to offer the position for a minimum of 6 months, with the possibility of extension by a further 6 months.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com explaining your interest in the position, along with an up-to-date copy of your resume. The deadline for the same is 7th April 2018.