Nyaaya is a legal-tech initiative, created by the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy and ideated by Rohini Nilekani, to make India's laws easier to understand.
We are on a mission to provide an accessible, intuitive, and user-friendly platform to explain the law on various topics, and we are looking for passionate content writers with a legal background who want to contribute.
The Content Writer will be responsible for sourcing and quality-control of the legal content on the website. Your primary task will be to manage systems to ensure fast-paced content development, while ensuring quality and accuracy of the final content. You will be:
Involved in and informing prioritization of legal topics
Working with researchers, interns and volunteers to isolate relevant acts, portions of laws/rules/regulations, judgements etc relevant to a topic
Identifying areas of explanations, questions, legal definitions and actionable checklists for content development of a topic
Writing plain language summaries and guidelines
For this role, we’re looking for a person with:
· A minimum of a graduate degree in law and 2+ years of work experience.
· A demonstrable interest in new legal ventures, particularly with respect to citizen engagement.
· Fluency (particularly, in writing) in any Indian language will be considered a plus.
· Previous experience with web technologies will be considered a plus.
· Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relation between the law and people interacting with it.
- Salaries will be competitive and commensurate with experience and relevant qualifications, in the range of Rs.65k-75k per month.
This is a Delhi based position, but we are open to remote working arrangements if you can make your case well enough.
How to Apply?
Fire in your CV, and a writing sample of your work to email@example.com. Last date for applications is 25th November. Please mention the role applied for in the subject of the mail. Only selected candidates will be informed.