INTERNSHIPS – DELHI
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy invites applications for a month-long internship in its communications team based in New Delhi. The position would involve working towards developing Vidhi’s media database and digital innovations, and in initiatives related to events and programmes.
The details can be accessed here:
Vidhi provides internship opportunities to graduate and post-graduate students on a rolling basis throughout the year. Students enrolled in recognised law programmes or allied courses in humanities and public policy are welcome to apply.
Interns at Vidhi will have the opportunity to:
-Conduct research on cutting-edge issues of law and policy.
-Assist with drafting reports.
-Interact with legal academics and practising lawyers.
Interns will work primarily with one of Vidhi’s four verticals/initiatives and are required to indicate their preference while submitting the Internship Application Form (See below). A brief description of the verticals/initiatives is provided below:
The Public Law vertical focuses on issues of constitutional law, administrative law and allied issues in public policy. The vertical works on engaged projects with Central Government Ministries and agencies, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. The vertical also conducts independent research in the areas of law and technology, property law and human rights.
Corporate Law and Financial Regulation
The Corporate Law and Financial Regulation vertical aims to usher in reforms in the financial sector by working in the areas of insolvency, corporate affairs and banking regulation. It assists Government Ministries and Departments as well as regulators like the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Finance, the Reserve Bank of India and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
The Judicial Reforms Initiative at Vidhi undertakes interdisciplinary, data-driven research on contemporary issues related to judicial institutions. It aims both to inform public debate and propose institutional, legislative, and policy reforms to governments.
JALDI is an ongoing multi-year project that aims to advocate for and implement evidence-based reforms to eliminate existing backlog in courts, and ensure that new cases are disposed of in reasonable timelines. The fellowship is a highly competitive programme designed to build research capacity and technical expertise on issues facing the Indian judiciary.
Vidhi Aid: Education, Environment and Health
The Vidhi Aid Initiative works in the areas of education, environment and health by conducting independent legal research, engaging with civil society organisations and undertaking strategic public interest litigation. The main focus of Vidhi Aid’s work across its three subject areas is the enforcement and implementation of legal rights. Some of the specific areas that Vidhi Aid will be working on are the implementation of the Right to Education Act in relation to persons with disabilities, new regulatory tools for environmental monitoring and compliance, drug regulation, and medical law and ethics.
Nyaaya is a pioneering initiative of Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, conceived of by Rohini Nilekani and supported by Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies and The Lal Family Foundation. It seeks to assist everyone to understand and deal with everyday legal problems. Nyaaya provides comprehensive information on various legal topics, covering most aspects of the law that people interact within their daily lives.
How to Apply?
The application for internship should be submitted by clicking on the link below. Please note that the link will remain active only for the first 20 days of every month.
All applicants are required to apply 2 months prior to the proposed starting date of internship. We will not consider applications which are sent more than 2 months in advance from the proposed starting date of internship.
We regret that we are unable to consider applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Personal meetings for the purposes of internships at our office will not be entertained.
- Selected candidates will be notified of our decision not earlier than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the internship.
- Typically, Vidhi provides an internship for a minimum period of 4 weeks. Any request for an extension or reduction of the duration of the internship will be considered on a case by case basis.
- All internships are based out of our Delhi office.
- A basic stipend will be provided. Interns are expected to carry their own laptops; anyone unable to do so should inform us in advance so that alternative arrangements can be made.
- Please note that due to the large number of applicants, we are able to contact only successful applicants.
- In case of any specific queries, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates who are studying in universities outside India or based outside India may send their applications to email@example.com, 3 months prior to the proposed starting date of internship,with three attachments: (1) copy of their latest resume; (2) a writing sample (not exceeding 3000 words) on any topic of their interest; and (3) a statement of purpose (not exceeding 500 words) describing the reason(s) to intern with us.