Visual Artist (Part-Time Contract)
Nyaaya is looking for a visual artist who can create exciting, innovative and engaging merchandise designs as well as infographics for Nyaaya
Nyaaya is an open-access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable, and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
To understand Nyaaya better, visit our website: https://nyaaya.org/ and social media handles:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyaayaorg/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NyaayaIN
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/nyaayaindia
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Visual Artist on a part-time contractual basis for a minimum period of 3 months. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
To reach our audience better, Nyaaya is going to launch a collection of products that simplify the law for our audience. These products should find a place in their everyday needs and carry important information about legal rights and entitlements in an innovative, fun, and engaging way.
In addition to Nyaaya merchandise we are looking to add engaging and exciting content on our website that explain the law in simple and accessible ways. For this, we are looking to convert some of our existing written content into infographics and potentially create new infographics on topics previously not covered.
Our overall goal is to demystify Indian laws for all citizens by providing critical legal information that is most relevant to our audiences. As a visual artist, you will:
- Conceive and execute the designs for merchandise products like calendars, mugs, tshirts, posters, stickers etc
- Create visually appealing infographics on the law for the Nyaaya website and our social media handles
- Work closely with the Content Team at Nyaaya to ensure that all of the merchandise and infographics are in line with Nyaaya’s brand guidelines
- Demonstrated experience in creating merchandise
- Familiarity with tools like Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Corel Draw
- Educational background in Design
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing
- Working with grassroots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and the people interacting with it
Location, Duration, and Remuneration
- This is a remote position and working hours are flexible as long as the deadlines are met
- Remuneration will be consummate with industry standards and your professional experience
- The duration of the contract will be 3 months, during which the planning, ideation and execution of all products must be completed
Method of application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following information merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages
- Your Portfolio
- Your current occupation
- Your expected remuneration
- You may include 1 or 2 references if you’d like to
The deadline to submit the application is April 14, 2023, 11:59 PM IST.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Visual Artist (Query)’, addressed to email@example.com. Please note that we will not review applications sent by email. You may only send queries there.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.