Social Media Intern
Nyaaya invites applications for the post of Social Media Intern for their English and Hindi content.
Nyaaya is an open-access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable, and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
To understand Nyaaya better, visit our website: https://nyaaya.org/ and social media handles:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nyaayaorg/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nyaaya
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyaayaorg/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NyaayaIN
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/nyaayaindia
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Social Media Intern for its Content & Communications team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
Your primary task will be to assist the team in creating high-quality written and video content for our social media platforms and managing Nyaaya’s social media calendar and posting, while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the final product. You will:
- Work with the Nyaaya team to create, curate, and execute its social media plans
- Ideate and produce at least 4 high-quality Instagram reels a month
- Come up with innovative social media campaign ideas
- Assist the Content & Communications Team with managing the social media campaigns calendar
- The candidate should be in the penultimate or final year of college.
- Experience making high-impact social media reels and videos (short-form and/or long-form)
- Being camera friendly
- Fluency in English and Hindi (written and spoken)
- Familiar with Indian laws
- Familiar with constantly changing social media algorithms, hashtags, latest social media trends, etc. across platforms.
- Has the ability to take ownership of a project and manage end-to-end execution
- Has the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Possess strong time management and organizational capabilities
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Be quick, proactive, and responsive
- Be open to learning and improving one’s skills
- A strong personal social media presence
- Prior experience managing social media for individuals and/or organizations
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing
- Working with grassroots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and the people interacting with it
Location, Duration, and Remuneration
- This is a remote position
- The intern will be paid Rs. 5,000 per month along with an experience certificate
- The initial duration of the internship will be 3 months, with the possibility of an extension
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages
- A cover letter on why you want to work with Nyaaya and your thoughts on the work
- Links to a few sample reels/short videos that you have created in the past
The deadline to submit the application is March 24, 2023, 11:59 PM IST.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Social Media Intern_Name (Query)’, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not review applications sent by email. You may only send queries there.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.