Senior Resident Fellow (Corporate Law and Financial Regulation)
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (Vidhi) invites applications for the post of Senior Resident Fellow for the Corporate Law and Financial Regulation team.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, and provides research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerate any kind of discrimination.
The Corporate Law and Financial Regulation vertical aims at ushering in legal reforms in areas relating to the financial sector and corporate affairs. It has contributed to transformative reforms in insolvency and bankruptcy law, company law, competition law and financial regulation among other areas.
The Senior Resident Fellow will work as an integral part of Vidhi and will be required to undertake research, analysis and legislative drafting for engaged projects as well as independent projects taken on by Vidhi at its own behest.
The expected output from the research work will be in the form of research reports and draft legislation, rules and regulations.
· Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Law (a master’s degree will be preferred)
· At least 4 years of demonstrable work experience (an LLM will be considered as work experience)
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to lead a small team
· Experience in company law, insolvency law, competition law or securities law.
. This is a position based out of New Delhi. The Fellow will be initially engaged in this position for a duration of one year.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
1) Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2) A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words).
3) A recent writing sample.
4) Names and contact details of two referees.
The deadline to submit applications is 20th February 2024.
Queries may be sent only through email, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.