Vidhi invites applications for the post of Senior Accountant for its Support Services team based out of its Delhi office.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Description of position
Vidhi is looking for a Senior Accountant for its Support Services team to work out of its Delhi office.
Vidhi is expanding the Support Services team that works on Finance, Human Resources, and Administrative functions. Senior Accountant – Support Services will work with the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for assisting in the above functions.
The responsibilities include:
- Finalise books of accounts
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns (GSTR-1, GSTR-3B and TDS returns)
- Make Budgets, MIS and Project Costing
- Ensure proper recording of accounting transactions in Tally
- Raise invoice and process payments
- Issue 80G certificate and Utilisation certificate to Funders
- Reconcile AP, AR, Payroll and bank transactions every month
- Arrange financial reports for stakeholders
- Liaise with Statutory Auditor, Company Secretary, Bank and others
- Coordinate with revenue officers
- Support HR and Administrative functions
- Graduate in Commerce;
- 5 years of demonstrable work experience;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills; and
- Expert in Tally and Microsoft Excel.
- Professional qualification like ACA with two years of post-qualification experience;
- Exposure in interacting with government and funders;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Location and Remuneration
- This is a full-time position based out of Delhi.
- The engagement will for a period of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration will be competitive, in line with experience and existing structure at Vidhi.
Method of application
Interested candidates should must submit following documents merged in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words;
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 25th February, 2022.
Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Senior Accountant’ addressed to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.