Research Fellow – Health
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Research Fellow for its Health team based out of its New Delhi office.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Vidhi is looking for a Research Fellow for its Health team to work out of its New Delhi office. The responsibilities include:
● Undertake high quality legal, quantitative and qualitative research;
● Prepare quality reports, research notes and presentations;
● Participate in meetings with concerned stakeholders, for presenting Vidhi’s research work;
● Ideate and execute new projects including communication outputs.
Eligibility, Location and Salary
● Undergraduate degree in law or an undergraduate degree in relevant fields such as social sciences;
● At least 3-4 years of demonstrable work experience in the domain of healthcare or any other related field of research. A postgraduate degree will be counted as one year of work-experience;
● Excellent research and writing/drafting skills;
● Excellent communication/presentation skills.
● Postgraduate degree in law or any health-related domains;
● Experience in interacting with government officials, civil society groups and concerned communities;
● Experience in fieldwork, ethnographic and empirical research in health;
● Prior publications in journals and newspapers.
Location and Salary:
● This is a full-time position based out of Delhi.
● The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
● Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words;
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 15th May 2021.
Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Research Fellow, Health’ addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.