Research Fellow, Fintech
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (Vidhi) invites applications for the post of a Research Fellow for Fintech for its New Delhi Office.
Vidhi is an independent think-tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Vidhi is looking for a Research Fellow for its work on fintech. Through its work on fintech, Vidhi seeks to identify and develop in-depth insights on emerging areas of policy and law on the intersection of finance, technology and inclusion. To advance this objective, the Research Fellow will be expected to:
● undertake high quality research (both doctrinal and empirical) on Indian and international legal and policy framework relating to technology driven innovation in financial services;
● prepare reports, research notes and presentations;
● coordinate and attend meetings with government officials and other stakeholders; and
● organize and attend consultations with key stakeholders for informing and disseminating Vidhi’s research.
You can access Vidhi’s work on fintech from here.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
● an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in law
● 0-3 years of work experience (LLM will be counted as one year of work experience)
● good research and writing skills
● excellent communication skills
Applicants who meet the following requirements will be preferred
● Prior experience in financial regulatory practice and / or law and technology.
● Prior experience in data gathering and empirical research methods.
Location And Salary
● This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi.
● The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
● Salary will be commensurate to the level of skills and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than three A4 pages.
2. An original writing sample of not more than 1000 words with an in-depth analysis on any recent legal issue
(preferably pertaining to financial services; or financial technology; or law and technology) that demonstrates the
candidate’s legal analysis and writing skills.
3. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words
4. Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references
The deadline to submit applications is 17 January 2021.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail titled ‘Fintech: Application for Research Fellow’, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.