Research Fellow (Climate and Ecosystems)
Vidhi is looking for a Research Fellow in Climate and Ecosystems to work out of its Delhi Office
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with governments as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making.
Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behavior.
The ‘Climate and Ecosystems’ team at Vidhi undertakes independent empirical research with the objective of making laws and policies more eco-centric. The team also aims at developing a deeper public discourse on the law and policy aspects of modern conservation challenges through stakeholder engagement, mobilizing local actors, collating a comprehensive and dynamic database, and critically reviewing core developments in the environmental policy regime.
The Fellow will work as an integral part of Vidhi and will assist the team with the ongoing research work. This will involve analysis and review of the key conservation laws (especially biodiversity, forest, and wildlife), travel to remote areas for field data collections, coordinating meetings and interviews with stakeholders, and active participation in the dissemination of the research.
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Law (a master’s degree will be preferred)
- 0-3 years of demonstrable work experience or passion for forest and wildlife conservation
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of using MS Word and Excel is a must.
- Demonstrable experience in the domain of environmental law and policy
- Basic knowledge of data analysis software and designing reports.
- Knowledge of Google Earth and web designing will be an added advantage, but not necessary.
This is a full-time position based out of Delhi. The Fellow will be engaged in this position for a duration of 1 year, extendable on mutual discussion. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) is not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 500 words)
- A recent writing sample
- Names and contact details of two referees
The deadline to submit applications is April 30th, 2022.
Queries may be sent only through email, addressed to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.