Outreach and Development Lead
Nyaaya invites applications for the post of Outreach and Development Lead based out of its Bangalore office
Nyaaya is an open access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages, so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Outreach and Development Lead to work out of its Bangalore office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
Your primary role will be to foster partnerships with non-profits, civil society organisations, subject matter experts and state actors for various purposes, including but not limited to co-creating content with nuanced understanding of the subject, organise campaigns and activities to disseminate the legal information to relevant audiences and create a eco-system that encourages citizens to participate and engage with laws and the legal system.
Your primary tasks would include:
- Building new partnerships and strategic relationships with organisations that can help Nyaaya fulfill its aim.
- Overseeing existing partnerships and collaborations, along with managing projects with said partnerships and collaborations.
- Working with the Content team to identify new areas of content partnerships, depending upon the needs of the website.
- Developing and implementing creative and unique outreach campaigns and initiatives that drive communities to engage with laws and legal systems. These campaigns will be both physical and online. A special focus will be given to engaging with youth audiences.
- Managing the media outreach initiatives, with a specific focus on engaging with regional media organisations to disseminate and publicise Nyaaya’s products, campaigns and initiatives.
- Independently managing Nyaaya’s external communication.
- Assisting in development and management of volunteer networks with lawyers, law students, legal aid clinics, colleges and other educational institutions.
- Tracking and measuring impact of all outreach activities, along with assisting teams in impact evaluation of other areas of work.
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Coordinating with regional languages translators – Hindi and Kannada (more languages to follow)
- Assistance in managing the Ask Nyaaya WhatsApp Helpline.
- Assistance in video production for Nyaaya, including interviewing subject matter experts, partnering with organizations that create video content and management of the Nyaaya Youtube handle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, humanities, public policy or communications needed. Master’s degree would be desirable.
- 4+ years of experience and demonstrated interest in working with campaigns, networking, community building, outreach and other awareness initiatives. Experience with non-profit and development sector organisations is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in working in the intersection of law, technology and social development.
- Excellent communication, project management and organisational administration skills. Must possess the ability to multitask with several projects simultaneously.
- Fluency in English and Kannada – written and spoken.
- Ability to use online tools for email marketing such as MailChimp.
- Ability to work with a young and dynamic team.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- Working with grass-roots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights.
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and people interacting with it.
Location and Remuneration
- This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore. We are open to remote working arrangements if you can make your case well enough.
- Salaries will be competitive and commensurate with experience and relevant qualifications.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A cover letter on why you want to work with Nyaaya and your thoughts on the work.
The deadline to submit the application is September 15, 2021.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Outreach Lead, Nyaaya addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.