Officer – Support Services
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Officer – Support Services for its Support Services team based out of its Delhi office.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Description of Position
Vidhi is looking for an Officer for its Support Services team to work out of its Delhi office.
Vidhi is expanding the Support Services team that works on Human Resources, Finance and Administrative functions. The Officer – Support Services will work with the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for assisting in the above functions.
The responsibilities include:
· Act as the first point of contact for the institution and address all general inquiries;
· Ensure defined procedures are followed for recruitment, exit, compensation, leave and travel;
· Maintain documents and correspondences related to contractual relationship systematically;
· Ensure management of properties and vendors;
· Design procedural changes in HR and administration to improve operational efficiency;
· Prepare timely, complete and correct financial reports.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· 2-4 years of demonstrable work experience;
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
· Postgraduate degree;
· Experience in interacting with government and funders;
· Ability to work under pressure.
Location and Remuneration
· This is a full-time position based out of Delhi.
· The engagement will for a period of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance and availability of funds.
· Remuneration will be competitive, in line with experience and existing structure at Vidhi.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words;
3. Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 30th April, 2021.
Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Officer – Support Services’ addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.