Officer – Finance
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behavioral.
Vidhi is looking for an Officer in its Finance team to work out of its Delhi office. The Officer – Finance will work with the Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for the following.
The responsibilities include:
- Ensure all statutory compliances on time and coordinate with Auditors and Company Secretary;
- Make budgets and analyse costs / pricing to compare actual performance with budget;
- Prepare complete and correct financial reports and interpret financial information to suggest ways to further improve financial health of Vidhi;
- Explore cost-reduction opportunities;
- Research on investment opportunities and provide strategies.
- Qualifying CA within 4 years;
- 0-3 years of demonstrable work experience; and
- A solid understanding of statutory legislations and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Tally and MS Office; and
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
- This is a full-time position based out of Delhi.
- The engagement will be for a period of two years, and renewal shall be subject to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration will be competitive, in line with experience and existing structure at Vidhi.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in less than 500 words;
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 21st August, 2023.
Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Officer – Finance’ addressed to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.