Kannada Video Editor (Part-Time Contract)
Nyaaya is looking for a video editor who can assist the Nyaaya team with storyboarding, conceptualizing, shooting, and editing high-quality videos.
Nyaaya is an open-access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable, and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
To understand Nyaaya better, visit our website:https://kannada.nyaaya.org/ and our Kannada social media handles:
- Nyaaya Kannada Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nyaayakannada/
- Nyaaya Kannada Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/NyaayaKannada
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a video editor on a part-time contractual basis. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
Nyaaya aims to create a series of videos in Kannada to explain the law easily to the audience.
As a video editor, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Content Team to create a storyboard for video ideas.
- Working with the Content Team to conceptualize the video production from start to finish.
- Assisting stakeholders/actors in shooting the videos (if no actors are required, then help with voice-over production is needed).
- Editing the video as necessary and ensuring that it aligns with Nyaaya’s brand guidelines with the help of the Content Team.
- Attending Nyaaya Team Meetings when necessary.
- Fluency in Kannada
- Demonstrated experience in video production and editing
- Familiarity with video creation and editing tools
- A degree or certificate in film, video production, or a related field
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing
- Working with grassroots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and the people interacting with it
Location, Duration, and Remuneration
- This is a remote position and working hours are flexible as long as the deadlines are met
- Remuneration will be consummate with industry standards and your professional experience
- This is a long-term contract position. The selected candidate will be on an initial 3-month probation period. The continuation of the contract beyond the probation period will depend on the candidate’s performance.
Method of application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following information merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages
- Your Portfolio
- Your current occupation
- Your expected remuneration
- You may include 1 or 2 references if you’d like to
The deadline to submit the application is April 14, 2023, 11:59 PM IST.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Nyaaya Kannada Video Editor (Query)’, addressed to email@example.com. Please note that we will not review applications sent by email. You may only send queries there.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.