Graphic Designer – Nyaaya
Nyaaya invites applications for the post of Graphic designer
Nyaaya is an open access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages, so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Freelance Graphic designer to work out of its Bangalore office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
You will be assisting the Nyaaya team in their video editing and design requirements for the Nyaaya.org website, social media and other activities. The work will be supervised by the Nyaaya team.
The work can broadly be categorized as:
1. Social Media Creatives
• Weekly Social Media posts on Canva
• Special posts for hiring or greetings etc
• Social media ad creatives
Tools/Sign in details: Canva & istock photos
2. Proposals & Presentations
• Slide deck design editing
• Document Layouts
Tools/Access: Google slides, Google docs, Adobe Indesign/Illustrator
3. Infographics for Website & Social Media
• Identify content on website that can be represented visually
• Create posts for sm & images for the website
Tools/Sign in details: Canva, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
4. Video editing
• Post-production editing for raw files, both audio and video
Tools/Sign in details: Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop
• Should have a graphic design portfolio showcasing relevant design work
• Should have previous experience using Canva and Adobe Suite
• Preferably some experience with video editing tools like Camtasia
• Preferably a graduate of a design program or allied field
Location and Remuneration
This is a part-time/consultancy freelance role out of Bangalore. The initial engagement will be for three months which may be extended based on your performance and the scope of work
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
• A copy of your updated resume
• A link to or pdf of your updated design portfolio
• A cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the position.
• The time period when you would be available for the position.
The last date for applications is 10th December 2021. Only selected candidates will be informed.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Graphic Designer’, addressed to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.