Executive Research Assistant – Impact Collective
Description: Research/Impact Role
Number of open positions: 3
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Executive Research Assistant for the Impact Collective team.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
Description of position
Vidhi is looking for 3 Executive Research Assistant for its Impact Collective team who will work directly with one Co-Founder of Vidhi each and will be responsible for assisting in the below functions.
- Collaborate with the Strategy Team members in conceptualising and planning research projects.
- Assist in conducting background research, literature reviews, and data collection for various initiatives.
- Contribute to the dissemination of research outcomes through various channels, including reports, articles, and presentations.
- Ideate, plan, and coordinate important meetings for the Strategy Team members, including board meetings, strategy retreats, and budget preparations.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between the Strategy Team and other teams within Vidhi.
By excelling in these responsibilities, you will play a crucial role in supporting Vidhi’s Strategy Team in their administrative and research endeavours, contributing to the overall success and effectiveness of the team.
· Bachelor’s degree in law/social sciences/humanities;
· 2 years of demonstrable work experience;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Organised and detail-oriented.
· Experience in interacting with government and funders;
· Ability to work under pressure.
Location and Remuneration
- Two in Delhi; One in Bangalore.
- This is a full-time position.
- The engagement will last for a period of one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance and availability of funds.
- Remuneration is competitive, in line with experience and existing structure at Vidhi.
Method of application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following
documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2. A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position, in not more than 500 words;
3. Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The deadline to submit applications is 15 February, 2024. Queries may be sent only through email, titled ‘Vidhi Delhi – Application for Executive Research Assistant – Impact Collective addressed to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.