The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behavior.
The Development Associate will work with the Development Manager and will be responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations within the organisation. The responsibilities include –
- Research and identification of new funders, map existing networks, and generation of leads.
- Track philanthropic trends that relate generally to Vidhi’s work and mission
- Collate and coordinate data required from Program and Finance Teams and prepare presentations and proposals for grant requests to prospective funders.
- Create quarterly and annual fundraising reports and other funder reports as needed
- Support the Development Manager in producing communication material that would help to spread Vidhi’s Vision and Mission to internal and external audiences.
- Degrees in Finance/ Management/ Communications would be desirable along with 1-2 years’ prior experience in the non-profit sector, especially in fundraising or communications.
- Demonstrated interest in Law, Policy, and Advocacy.
- Excellent time management, note-taking, and attention to detail
- Organised, driven, and self-sufficient
Knowledge/ Skills requirements
- Proficiency in :
- Powerpoint, Excel, and Word documents
- Canva and Notion
- Basic understanding of Non-Profit finance which includes reading balance sheets, budgets, P&L statements, and other relevant financial documents.
Locations and Salary
- This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi.
- The Associate will be engaged in this position for one year, and renewal shall be subject to performance.
- Salary will be commensurate to the level of skills and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages.
2. A cover letter;
3. Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references
The deadline to submit applications is 27th April 2022.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail titled ‘Development: Application for Development Associate’, addressed to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.