Legal Research and Content Manager
Nyaaya invites applications for the post ofLegal Reserach and Content Manager for its Content team based out of its Bangalore office
Nyaaya invites applications for the post of Legal Reserach and Content Manager for its Content team based out of its Bangalore office.
Nyaaya is an open access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. We want to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages, so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Legal Research and Content Manager for its Content team to work out of its Bangalore office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about changing the way citizens interact with the law.
Your primary task will be to manage projects to ensure fast-paced content development, while ensuring quality and accuracy of the final content. You will be:
- Generating a quarterly content plan, based on prioritization of content products and outreach initiatives. This will involve extensive research on each of the topics and issues identified, undertaking a comprehensive literature review on them, and case law research on decisions of the Supreme Court of India and of Indian High Courts, Subordinate Courts, and Tribunals.
- Working with researchers, interns and volunteers to conceptualise and oversee creation of content.
- Identifying areas of explanations, questions, legal definitions and actionable information for content development of a topic.
- Working with outreach, social media and communication teams to disseminate relevant content.
- Work with partner organizations to build and share content. Ability to lead discussions with grassroots organizations and build networks for Nyaaya.
- Monitor and manage the Ask Nyaaya Legal Helpline.
- Management of the English, Hindi and Kannada website with regional language partners and translators to the best of your ability.
- Backend WordPress content management work with the support of the technical team.
- A minimum of a graduate degree in law and 4+ years of work experience.
- Fluency (particularly, in writing) in English and Hindi is mandatoryfor this role.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- A demonstrable interest in new legal ventures, particularly with respect to citizen engagement.
- Previous experience with web technologies and audio/video/design softwares will be considered a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Working in a small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- Working with grass-roots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable the citizen to access services and understand their rights.
- A non-hierarchical work environment, and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and people interacting with it.
Location and Remuneration
- This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore. We are open to remote working arrangements if you can make your case well enough.
- 8 – 11 lakhs per annum depending on experience and relevant qualifications.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit following documents merged in one document:
1. Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2. 2 original writing samples of not more than 1000 words;
3. A cover letter on why you want to work with Nyaaya and your thoughts on the work.
The deadline to submit the application is September 30, 2021.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Legal Research and Content Manager’, addressed to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.