The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (“Vidhi”) is an independent think tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
The Communications Fellow will work towards building a global brand identity for Vidhi and overseeing the creation of communication material for impact. The role will involve closely working with Vidhi fellows to ideate and create communication strategies to ensure that research has the impact, and help teams achieve impact by helping implement the strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Impact Fellow and the Strategy Team to prepare a strategy for building Vidhi as a global brand.
- Working with individual teams to ideate and implement a comms strategy for research.
- Coming up with an implementation plan for 1. And 2. And overseeing the implementation.
- Identifying external agencies and vendors for the implementation plans and overseeing their work.
- Monitoring the collection of data relating to communications and presenting insights from the same to the strategy team and board.
- Making media connections for effective communication of Vidhi’s work and impact
- Maintaining records of media coverage and collating analytics and metrics; mapping influencers;
- Responsibility for regular website CMS and management of website agency, and sharing of content on Vidhi’s social media channels; including developing creative content for the Instagram channel;
- Supporting the development of and maintaining the mailing list on Mailchimp; regular internal and external newsletters; sending out event mailers; special mailers; targeted outreach; all event-related coordination and management;
- Any other communications requirements that may evolve in line with the skills of the person over time.
- A graduate degree in Communications, Mass Media, Public Relations, or any other relevant field.
- Prior work experience in the development sector;
- A minimum of 4-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent command over the English language with good writing skills;
- Prior experience of working with website Content Management Systems (CMS), such as WordPress is mandatory.
- Ability to work amicably with multiple stakeholders and absorb research cutting across themes along with a willingness to learn.
- A post-graduate degree in Communications or any other relevant field
- Prior work experience in social/legal research and advocacy
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Working knowledge of ChatGPT.
- Prior experience of coordinating events; vendors in a mid-sized organization desirable;
- Experience in content editing and video production
New Delhi with occasional travel to Bengaluru and Mumbai
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document.
1) Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2) A 2-minute video statement of motivation on why the candidate is interested in applying for this position;;
3) Work Samples (previously designed content, written work, edited videos, etc); to be uploaded on a google drive and add the link for it in the merged document itself.
4) Names and details of 2 references
The deadline to submit applications is 20th April 2023.
Please do not email us your resumes and cover letters; only queries may be sent through email, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Query – Communications Fellow”. Only those applications received through the online portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Hence, the earlier one applies, the better.