Chief People Officer
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Chief People Officer.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with governments as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making.
Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
The Chief People Officer will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and executing all HR-related functions and processes at Vidhi, focusing on three principal areas – people engagement and wellbeing, organisational culture development, operations and administration. This includes but is not limited to the following:
● Building a positive work culture: Facilitating internal communication, conducting events in collaboration with other Vidhi teams, identifying and addressing Fellow concerns.
● People engagement and wellbeing: Planning and implementing a grievance redressal mechanism, coordinating and evaluating the functioning of Vidhi’s Mental Health Policy, soliciting the feedback of Vidhi Fellows on various policy decisions and initiatives, and conducting job satisfaction/wellbeing surveys.
● Recruitment and selection: Planning strategies to attract the appropriate talent, managing and coordinating the recruitment process, and onboarding of new hires.
● Performance management: Evaluating and coordinating performance management and assessment processes, assessing training needs and implementing talent development programmes.
● Administration: Managing monthly payroll processing, maintaining appropriate databases (such as an alumni database), and identifying and managing appropriate technology.
The Chief People Officer will report to the Strategy Team.
● A graduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Public Administration, Organisational Psychology and related fields.
● 1-5 years of relevant work experience. .
● Excellent communications skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
● Demonstrable knowledge and/or expertise in planning and executing HR functions.
● A postgraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Public Administration, Organisational Psychology and related fields.
● Prior work experience in a similar role in a not-for-profit or legal services organization.
This is a full-time position based out of Delhi, and the Chief People Officer will be engaged in this position for a duration of one (1) year, extendable on mutual discussion. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience level. It will fall within the range of INR 9-12 LPA for professionals with a minimum of one (1) year of work experience, and INR 15-19 LPA for professionals with a minimum of four (4) years of work experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged in one document:
● An updated CV, no longer than two pages;
● A cover letter of 500 words or less, that addresses why you seek to work at Vidhi and how your qualifications and skills will contribute to this role;
● Names and contact details of two referees.
The deadline to submit applications is 10th July 2022.
Queries may be sent only through email, addressed to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.