Associate Fellow – Inclusive Education
Vidhi invites applications for the post of Associate Fellow for the Kotak Karma-Vidhi Inclusive Education Programme.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (“ Vidhi ”) is an independent think tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at
various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future. Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behaviour.
About the Kotak Karma-Vidhi Inclusive Education Programme
This programme aims to identify and address the legal and policy gaps in relation to inclusive education in India, to create greater awareness within the government regarding these gaps, and to make recommendations for reform. It aims to achieve this through:
(i) Empirical, socio-legal research on the framework of rights and regulation in relation to inclusive education in India and its implementation
(ii) Outreach to government departments, teachers, special educators, parents and children regarding rights and responsibilities in relation to inclusive education
The programme will look at inclusion from the perspectives of gender, disability, and other vulnerabilities and will focus on primary and secondary school education.
The Associate Fellow will be expected to assist the team in:
● Developing and implementing research plans to achieve the aim of the programme, including field visits, surveys, and interviews;
● Liaising with government functionaries, civil society organisations, lawyers, educators, and other relevant stakeholders;
● Designing interventions to create awareness about the legal and policy gaps in relation to inclusive education;
● Writing research reports, academic articles, opinion-editorials to present the findings of the programme.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
● a graduate degree in the humanities, social sciences or law;
● good research and writing skills;
● demonstrable interest in the field of education, gender, disability rights.
Applicants who have prior experience volunteering in, or working on issues related to education will be preferred.
This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi. Salary will be commensurate to the level of skills and experience.
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal.
The deadline to submit applications is 20th April
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.